Full-time employment | Permanent | ASAP | Remote (in Germany) or In-Office (in Berlin)
Our mission at Architrave is to revolutionise the processes and workflows within the Real Estate industry, by building and providing a data-driven SaaS platform. The vision is not only to transfer paper into documents but to really digitalise the industry.
We strive for constant innovation using state of the art technology, to not only extract data but to analyse and learn from it, using Machine Learning and other Big Data technologies in order to create real value and a unique experience for our customers.
Be part of this one-of-a-kind organisation and join us in our journey towards the revolution of data and Real Estate.
Your Future Responsibilities:
- Design and architect solutions with high technical standards
- Architecture - take a leading role in defining and building the technical architecture that underpins our platform
- Design and implement a cutting-edge, service-oriented architecture from scratch which focuses on Integrations (APIs) and BigData, facilitating Cloud services (also FaaS) to maximise efficiency and performance
- You will be a technical subject matter expert, share your expertise with the team and be a mentor to other colleagues by showcasing deep expertise in software engineering and architecture
- You will take a major role in architectural, design and implementation decision-making
- You are an advocate and practitioner of modern software development methodologies such as continuous delivery, TDD and Scrum
- Technical Standards - help to set some of the engineering standards and best practices to be followed by engineers. Our team is growing as is the codebase - we want to set the best standards as early as possible - helping our developer productivity and making code easy to read and understand.
- Advisory and Leadership - be a technical expert that the team can refer to for advice or validation of a solution
- Giving keynotes and presentations
What You Should Bring With You:
- Passion for helping software engineers and leaders to grow by providing mentorship and coaching on relevant topics
- Expert knowledge in Node.js/TypeScript as well as profound knowledge in at least one other modern object-oriented language
- Feeling comfortable in working with and designing microservice architectures while following principles like API-first and using event-based communication
- In-depth knowledge about designing and implementing distributed systems, and comfortable with concepts such as CQRS and the CAP theorem
- Experience from the active implementation of supporting mechanisms for such systems, such as concurrency handling, zero downtime deployment, non-destructive database upgrades etc.
- Familiar with various concepts of access control
- Professional experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles and Software Architecture
- A desire to constantly learn and improve your own skills as well as helping and mentoring junior teammates
- You think creatively, are solution-oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation; you aim for simplicity and pragmatism
- Experience as a thought leader/standard-bearer for engineers
- Not afraid to jump into new things; curiosity and creative outside-the-box problem solving
- Experience with AWS, other cloud environments like Google Cloud are a plus
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation, flexible working hours and a family-friendly work ethic
- A great place to grow and to take over responsibility, professionally and personally
- Short and open communication flows and quick decision-making processes
- A working environment that values individuals and embraces knowledge sharing
- A highly motivated and talented team that likes to delivers great work while having a good time
- Company and team events that include table-tennis competition, cooking and jokes with great potential from our CEO and founder Maurice 😁
- A beautiful and modern office in Berlin - near Treptower Park - where you can go to work, play table-tennis, have meetings and hang out with your colleagues
- A fully equipped kitchen and dining area with free drinks in our Berlin Office
- Employee discounts for BVG, Urban Sports Club, LPG Biomarkt and more
So, what are you waiting for? Hit that "Apply for This Job" button and send us your application!
Know someone else who might also be interested? Share this page with them! Thanks a bunch! 😄
Being an employer providing equal opportunities, Architrave strives for a diverse, inclusive, and healthy working environment. We invite all qualified humans to apply, regardless of ethnicity, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We're happy to have our employees working in our office or remotely.
Currently, remote employees are expected to live in Germany in order to be able to join team events and meetings physically from time to time, if meaningful and secure.
In order to contribute to our society and healthcare system, during the COVID-19 pandemic going to the office is not required, nor encouraged.
Nevertheless, our office in Berlin will remain open (while allowed) with limited capacity for those who need or want to use it.
Our office follows all guidelines from the health authorities.
After the pandemic, we expect our remote employees to be able to join us in our regular company and team events a few times a year.
Find us on Glassdoor!